A couple of months ago I posted that I was going to write the blog each Tuesday in bullet points. Well, I did not do that. My only excuse is I’m old and forgetful. But for some reason today I remembered after several folks reminded me they liked the bullet points. So here we go again.
But first I have to tell you we are in California, absolutely loving our time here.
- So awesome that each time we come back here, our friends treat us just like we have never left and are still a part of their lives. (Maybe they don’t have a choice since we show up on their doorsteps with suitcase in hand)
- it is so much fun to return to visit our favorite restaurants here and find that they still are just as good as when we left 3 years ago. (Note to self,bring elastic waisted pants next trip)
- Love coming to California as a blonde and leaving with red hair! (and gray roots gone)
- Helping a sweet friend decorate her new home was such a blessing to me.
- Receiving a very special box from Donna, which held her husbands recipes, allowing me the privilege of keeping his memory alive, through recipes which Dave loved to make and eat.
- Such a wonderful treat to go back to our church we attended and worship with dear friends!
- Just sitting,, chatting, watching TV and relaxing with special people who have become like family.
- Realizing that it is people which make the memories so special, and those special moments of sharing simple pleasures, with those who continue to bless our lives.
- Feeling grateful for our time we were able to live here in California and trusting God for what He has planned for us where He now has planted us.
- Excited to be heading up to Sequoia National Forest on Thursday with friends to enjoy the beauty and quiet of the mountains.