Found this on FB and made it for a breakfast yesterday to take to church. It was delicious!
• 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
¾ cup water
• ½ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
3 cups powdered sugar
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13
baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix,
pumpkin, eggs, water, oil, sugar and pumpkin
pie spice. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, melt the butter and mix
together with the room temperature cream
cheese. Stir in the powdered sugar and mix
until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture
all over the top of the cake mixture. Using a
knife, gently swirl through the cream cheese.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for
40-50 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow the cake to almost completely cool
before cutting. If you cut before it cools, the
cake will be very soft and won’t cut cleanly.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
One thought on “Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake”
Pingback: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake — Chocolate Castles | homethoughtsfromabroad626