You know those nights when you are sitting in front of the TV and there is something that you begin to think about but you don’t know exactly what it is you want! You just know that it needs to something sweet and chocolatey (is that a word?) These little gems are made for those nights! Quick, easy and oh so chocolatey!!!! If you don’t have Rodelle baking chocolate on hand, use whatever is in your pantry but do yourself a favor and order some from Amazon! It will change the way you bake!!! I still use my clear Mexico vanilla because simply said ….it is the best vanilla in the world! Well I can’t say in the world because I have no idea what else is out there but on this side of the ocean, I think it is tops!!!! So put your computer down and go to the kitchen and make these. Recipe makes 6, just enough for you to have to get you through all 3 FBI shows tonight! Unless there are two of you then maybe you need to double the recipe!
Recipe copied from Rodelle Recipes
- ½ cup (63 g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3 tablespoons Rodelle Gourmet Dutch Process Baking Cocoa, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable (canola) oil
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla
- ⅓ cup buttermilk, room temperature
For Dark Chocolate Frosting
- 6 ounces (168 g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (240 g) confectioners sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, Dutch Process, sifted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 6 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil and sugars together until well combined. Add the egg and mix well. Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Stir only until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop or pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cupcakes have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs remaining.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.For Dark Chocolate Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese on medium high speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the butter and mix until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Sift in the confectioners sugar and Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa, mixing on low speed until incorporated. Add the heavy cream and mix until combined well.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat the frosting for 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe swirls of frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. If frosting is too warm and begins to soften, place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Store cupcakes tightly covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.