This is on the Paula Deen web page and sounds like a winner to me. The flavor of pesto, chicken alongside veggies and fettuccine is a great combination and so easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh chicken tenderloins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- Pepare fettuccine according to package directions and keep warm. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, and cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, and cook, over medium heat, for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender. Add squash and zucchini, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender. Stir in cream and pesto, and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and chicken, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.