One of the things I have missed most about curbside grocery pick up is just the great time of strolling the baking aisle and seeing any new products on the shelf. Monday when I braved the “social distancing while wearing a mask” time of going inside the store, I had a ball. When I saw this box, I knew it was mine.
Oh the things I can now make, even though I can’t fit into any of the clothes I have now, the recipes just came flooding in. German Chocolate Fudge pie, Chocolate Almond Ice Box pie. Peanut butter pie with chocolate crust. And the beat (list) goes on. When I turned over the box to look at the recipes on the back, this recipe jumped out to me. So here it is folks. Be the first to share this with anyone who you like (or maybe those who you don’t like but am trying so hard to do so). This sounds like a treat that the whole family will enjoy. And to think, you saw it here first.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tables granulated sugar
2 cups Keebler Chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1 egg white
2 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 teas milk or whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Line an 8x8x2 inch baking pan with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over sides.
2. For crust, in medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup peanut butter and sugar. Stir in Keebler Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs and egg white. Firmly press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated 375 oven for 10-13 minutes or until dry. Cool Completely.
3. For filling, in a large mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, 2/3 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup softened butter. Beat on medium to high speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in milk, 1 teas at a time, until light and fluffy. Spoon in dollops over crust. Evenly spread over crust.
4. For topping, in small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and cream. Microwave uncovered for 30 to 60 seconds, or until smooth. Stirring thoroughly every 20 seconds. Let stand for 10 minutes after stirring to be sure all chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Spread over filling and the cover and place in fridge at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil ends to remove from pan. Cut into squares and keep covered in the refrigerator.